We all want smooth, glowing skin like our favorite celebrities. But often, it seems out of reach – what are the secrets to achieving that age-defying look? Fortunately, beauty editors have cracked open their closets and dished out their finest insider tricks to get you on the fast track to beautiful skin. From at-home remedies to luxurious spa treatments and beyond – these tried-and-true tips come straight from the experts for an effortless skincare routine targeting hydration and radiance!
What a beauty editor’s skincare routine looks like
Beauty editors always try out the latest and greatest products, so their skincare routines vary widely. However, there are a few key steps that beauty editors swear by when it comes to taking care of their skin.
Cleansing is always an important part of any skincare routine. Beauty editors rely on gentle, non-irritating cleansers to wash away dirt, oil, and debris from the day while keeping the skin’s natural moisture balance intact. Some beauty editors prefer using micellar water as a first cleanse to get rid of all makeup and other impurities without stripping the skin of its essential oils.
Next up is serum or essence – these concentrated formulas are designed to target specific skin concerns. Finally, beauty editors may reach for a brightening serum or an anti-aging formula packed with antioxidants depending on their individual needs.
Exfoliation is also essential to keep the complexion looking its best. Beauty editors often use either chemical exfoliants or physical scrubs (or both). Chemical exfoliants like AHA and BHA help to dissolve stubborn dead skin cells, while physical scrubbing helps to slough off any remaining buildup.
No skincare routine would be complete without a layer of moisturizer. Beauty editors prefer lightweight, non-greasy formulations that hydrate the skin without clogging pores. Some even opt for facial oils, which provide deep nourishment and a healthy, radiant glow.
Finally, sunscreen is a must – even on days without direct sun exposure. Beauty editors use broad-spectrum formulas that protect against UVA and UVB rays to shield the skin from damage caused by environmental stressors like pollution and climate change.
These steps form the foundation of any beauty editor’s skincare routine – but they don’t always stop here! Depending on their individual needs, beauty editors may add additional treatments such as masks, eye creams, or facial oils for extra nourishment and hydration. Ultimately, the goal is to keep the complexion looking fresh, radiant, and glowing all year round.
Get glowing skin like a beauty editor with these tips
- Eat your way to clear your skin. Eating a balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables, and healthy proteins can give you gorgeous glowing skin. Of course, make sure to drink plenty of water too! Also, try cutting back on sugary treats and processed foods that might be causing inflammation and breakouts.
- Be mindful of your skincare routine. Take the time to cleanse your face twice a day properly – once in the morning and once at night – and exfoliate every week or two. To keep skin hydrated, use a moisturizer after cleansing but before applying sunscreen during the day.
- Incorporate natural beauty products into your routine. Natural beauty products are gentle on the skin and help to give you a dewy complexion. Look for ingredients such as aloe vera, argan oil, and green tea extract to keep your skin glowing.
- Get plenty of rest. While staying up late, scrolling through social media, or watching the latest Netflix series is tempting, getting enough sleep is essential for healthy skin. Aim for at least 8 hours of sleep every night so that your skin has time to recover and regenerate.
- Invest in quality sunscreen products. Sun damage can be responsible for premature wrinkles and dark spots, but using an effective broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or higher can protect your skin from harmful UV rays while providing hydration at the same time.